The GIA’s principal objects are:-
- Forum for discussion between members
- Communication with authorities in Gibraltar and elsewhere
- Common expression of professional opinion (especially legislation and regulatory)
- Education of Members in collaboration with the Gibraltar Insurance Institute
- Promotion of Gibraltar as an insurance domicile
- To participate in and work with the Gibraltar Finance Centre Council
Membership includes insurance and reinsurance companies, insurance company managers, life and general insurance intermediaries, operating within Gibraltar and in international markets, as well as other professional firms forming part of the Gibraltar insurance arena. The GIA therefore represents a substantial majority of all industry operators.
With such a broad church, the GIA is committed to being an over-arching organisation which effectively represents all the diverse elements of the insurance industry in Gibraltar.